- Accenture is global consulting firm with more than 500,000 employees.
- Employees at Accenture often make six-figure salaries right out of business school.
- Insider analyzed the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s 2020 disclosure data for permanent and temporary foreign workers.
- Not only do management consultants at the firm make a $82,593 to $140,658 base salary, but engineers, data scientists, tech solutions specialists, and computer programmers can also make well over $100,000.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Getting a job at Accenture could mean pulling in a six-figure salary right out of business school.
The leading consultancy has its footprint in over 40 industries and more than 500,000 employees worldwide. Like other major firms, the company is known for paying its employees hefty salaries. However, during the coronavirus pandemic, the company had to make job cuts, reduce promotions, and put a pause on hiring efforts. In August, the firm told employees that 5% of Accenture’s workforce could be cut.
Insider analyzed the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s 2020 disclosure data for permanent and temporary foreign workers to find out how much Accenture paid employees for jobs, from entry-level titles to executive roles. The salary data is based on jobs in the US.
Accenture applied for 2,257 visas in 2019, specifically for roles related to management consulting, engineering, data science, tech solutions, and computer programming. Performance bonuses, signing bonuses, and compensation other than base salaries are not reflected in the data. Accenture did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Here are the salary ranges of employees hired in the last half of 2019 and the first half of 2020, ending in June.
Consulting and financial advisory
- Analyst: $72,280 to $162,667 (including business, operations, business and integration architecture management, and security analysts)
- Senior business analyst: $102,205 to $178,131
- Executive business analyst: $142,612 to $201,700
- Consultant: $82,593 to $140,658 (including management consultants, functional consultants, tech consultants, and digital-data consultants)
- Digital data consultant: $91,480 to $167,625
- Senior functional consultant: $102,078 to $175,676
- Executive functional consultant: $107,004 to $178,675
- Management consulting manager: $133,500 to $151,200
- Management consulting senior manager: $167,500 to $210,000
- Management consulting senior principal: $177,500 to $300,100
- Security innovation principal: $115,918 to $207,500
- Business strategy manager: $166,920 to $190,000
- Business strategy senior manager: $242,500 to $265,000
- Business and integration architecture associate director: $208,314 to $332,629
Engineering, data science, and tech solutions
- Advanced application engineering manager: $113,780 to $212,100
- Advanced application engineering specialist: $104,100 to $148,600
- Cloud technical architect manager: $142,300 to $149,800
- Cloud tools and automation engineering senior manager: $155,100 to $262,900
- Data engineering specialist: $103,161 to $150,300
- Data engineering associate manager: $125,840 to $197,500
- Data architecture and engineering managers: $111,900 to $235,700
- Database administrator: $82,563 to $137,789
- Data science manager: $151,500
- Tech solutions planning manager: $126,600 to $225,900
- Technology architecture manager: $123,926 to $245,500 (including architecture delivery and architecture science departments)
- Application development associate manager: $109,940 to $180,526
- Application development manager: $126,460 to $196,069
- Application development senior analyst: $81,485 to $104,650
- Application development senior manager: $123,624 to $211,133
- Application development specialist: $94,921 to $136,143
- Application support associate manager: $115,702 to $161,780
- Computer programmer: $81,564 to $199,094 (including levels ranging from 2 to 4)
- Computer specialist, system support and development: $51,730 to $198,240 (including levels ranging from 1 to 4)
- Computer systems analyst: $82,755 to $199,338 (including levels ranging from 2 to 4)
If you have a tip about a management consulting firm, please email Weng Cheong at firstname.lastname@example.org.