Thomson ReutersAn employee walks past a logo of Samsung C&T Corp at the company’s headquarters in SeoulSEOUL (Reuters) – Samsung C&T Corp said on Thursday it booked 2.6 trillion won (1.50 billion pounds) in potential losses in its 2015 earnings results, from projects such as its construction work in Australia’s Roy Hill iron ore mine.
Samsung Group’s de facto holding company said it booked about 850 billion won in estimated losses and contingent liabilities for the Roy Hill project.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
More from Reuters:
- Investor calls on Yahoo, Viacom to take on ‘Buffett-like’ partners
- Islamic State-linked hacker makes first U.S. appearance in federal court
- Texas executes man convicted of killing game warden: prisons official
- Investor pressures J&J to consider split up: sources
- Asia stocks fall as Fed adds to uncertainty, oil whippy