Thomson ReutersA TransCanada Keystone Pipeline pump station operates outside Steele City, Nebraska(Reuters) – TransCanada Corp , the company behind the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline project, said it had agreed to buy U.S. natural gas pipeline operator Columbia Pipeline Group Inc in a deal valued at $13 billion.
TransCanada will offer $25.50 per share in cash for each Columbia Pipeline share, a 8.5 percent premium to the stock’s Thursday close.
(Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
More from Reuters:
- Exclusive: DOJ probes allegations that Tiversa lied to FTC about data breaches
- Exclusive: U.S. sees new Chinese activity around South China Sea shoal
- Zimbabwe ramps up pressure on parents to stop child marriages
- Dutch far right leader Geert Wilders on trial for discrimination
- Viacom receives interest for Paramount minority stake: WSJ