On the agenda today:
- We took a deep dive into Wells Fargo’s massive leadership overhaul.
- Goldman Sachs will require US employees to get weekly COVID-19 tests.
- Wall Street firms might ask these 22 questions in “superday” interviews.
Let’s get started.
Since joining in 2019, Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Schimpf has revamped the bank’s leadership by hiring senior employees from JPMorgan, Bank of New York Mellon, and other firms. We’ve tracked in the deepest detail yet how he overhauled leadership after years of scandal — see our comprehensive roster of senior leaders here.
Plus, check out more of our financial org charts here, including JPMorgan, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs.
Goldman Sachs will require staff in its US offices to take weekly COVID-19 tests, even if they are fully vaccinated. Plus, anyone entering the offices (including clients) must be fully vaccinated, the bank announced. Here’s what else we know about Goldman’s new rules.
Landing an investment-banking internship often requires attending a “superday” — a competitive, rapid-fire sequence of multiple interview rounds. We got a look at 22 questions from Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs that show what to expect in these intense interviews. Take a look at some questions you might hear in a “superday”.
Financial companies are increasingly embracing the public cloud, and cloud providers — AWS, Google Cloud, IBM, and Microsoft Azure — are scrambling to win them over. We mapped out 26 key cloud partnerships across Wall Street, which you can see here.
Regulators are looking into Robinhood’s practice of offering new users free shares, as companies complain it’s become a financial headache because of the cost of providing documents. Here’s what you need to know.
On our radar:
- Warby Parker says in its IPO paperwork that your smartphone is ruining your eyes — but that’s good for its business. More on that here.
- Former Hearst magazines head Troy Young is advising Apollo as it prepares to take over AOL and Yahoo. Here’s what that could mean for Young.
- We tracked down the most powerful lawyers behind the scenes of emerging fields like crypto, cannabis, and the influencer economy. Meet them here.
- According to Bloomberg, Citi has told its bankers in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa to take two weeks off over the summer in an effort to improve working conditions.
- TPG has decided to move forward with an IPO, WSJ reports. Get the full rundown here.