Thomson ReutersAn Apple iphone 6 with Apple Pay is shown in this photo illustration in Encinitas , California(Reuters) – Apple Inc’s mobile payments system, Apple Pay, is expanding into mobile websites later this year, technology website Re/code reported, citing sources.
The service will be available to shoppers who use Apple’s Safari browsers on iPhone and iPad models that have the company’s fingerprint technology, Re/code reported.
The iPhone maker is also informing potential partners that Apple Pay’s expansion to mobile websites will be ready before this year’s holiday shopping season, Re/code said.
Apple was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Anya George Tharakan in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D’Silva)
More from Reuters:
- China’s Xi to push Obama next week on North Korea talks
- Soft shoe diplomacy: Obama dances the tango at Argentine state dinner
- Feds bust drug smuggling ring using tunnel under U.S.-Mexico border
- Six Chinese nationals wounded in Laos bus shooting – Xinhua
- Phoenix mayor calls for probe of county’s handling of presidential nominating vote