Thomson ReutersCustomers ride the escalator at a J.C. Penney store in New York(Reuters) – Department store operator J.C. Penney Co Inc reported a better-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by strong sales at it its Home, Sephora, Footwear and Handbags divisions.
Sales for the quarter rose 2.5 percent to $4 billion.
The company reported a loss of $131 million, or 43 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Jan. 30, compared with a loss of $35 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan and Rishika Sadam in Bengaluru; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
More from Reuters:
- Gas from thawing permafrost could add further to global warming, study says
- J.C. Penney’s quarterly sales rise 2.5 percent
- Being first in Mexico makes young Syrian refugee a campus celebrity
- China says Taiwan president-elect must respect constitution
- Jamaican opposition winning photo-finish general election, provisional results show