Thomson ReutersEmployees walk in the main office building of Samsung Electronics in SeoulSEOUL (Reuters) – Samsung Electronics Co Ltd does not expect major change for its television business after Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd completes its planned acquisition of display panel maker Sharp Corp , a senior Samsung executive said on Tuesday.
Kim Hyun-suk, head of Samsung’s TV business, told reporters during a press conference that the world’s No.1 TV maker by market share is currently the biggest buyer of panels from the Sakkai plant – a joint venture between Sharp and Hon Hai.
“Of course it’s hard to predict what might happen in the future … but I don’t expect any material changes in our business,” Kim said.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Read the original article on Reuters. Copyright 2016. Follow Reuters on Twitter.
More from Reuters:
- Belgian media say explosions at Brussels airport, several injured
- Britain’s Ofcom tells BT to speed up business line connections
- From poetry-lover to genocide suspect, Karadzic faces verdict
- We can’t pay: Zimbabwe farmers resist compensating evicted white landowners
- South Africa Public Protector seeks funds to investigate Zuma ties with Guptas: paper