Thomson ReutersThe logo of German carmaker Volkswagen is seen at a VW dealership in the Queens borough of New YorkBERLIN (Reuters) – Volkswagen posted the first drop in annual sales at its core autos division in eleven years in 2015 on weakening demand in China and the United States and effects of its emissions scandal.
Sales at VW’s namesake brand fell 4.8 percent last year to 5.82 million cars from 6.12 million a year earlier, the Wolfsburg-based manufacturer said on Friday.
Deliveries declined 7.9 percent in December to 487,700 cars, according to VW.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Arno Schuetze)
More from Reuters:
- Syrian refugees face another winter in flimsy shelters
- Exclusive: NFL to live-stream all London games, in talks with Apple, Google – sources
- Maine governor denies racist intent in ‘white girls’ quip
- Islamic State claims Libyan police center bombing
- Auditor faults State Department for response as more Clinton emails emerge