Thomson ReutersAndroid mascots are lined up in the demonstration area at the Google I/O Developers Conference in the Moscone Center in San Francisco(Reuters) – Google’s Android operating system has generated revenue of $31 billion and profit of $22 billion, Bloomberg reported, citing a statement made by an Oracle Corp lawyer in court.
Alphabet Inc’s Google said the disclosures should not have been made public, Bloomberg reported on Thursday.
The information was disclosed on Jan. 14 in a lawsuit accusing Google of using Oracle’s Java software without paying for it to develop Android, Bloomberg said.
Google and Oracle were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Anya George Tharakan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sayantani Ghosh)
More from Reuters:
- Wal-Mart strikes lawful, must reinstate workers: NLRB judge
- China’s vice president says no plan to devalue yuan: Bloomberg
- No charges against Denver deputies in suffocation death of black inmate
- Asia stocks up after ECB signals easing, oil extends rally
- Militant attacks in Asia inject new urgency into U.S. bomb training