Thomson ReutersAn employee walks past a logo of Samsung C&T Corp at the company’s headquarters in SeoulSEOUL (Reuters) – Shareholders of Samsung C&T Corp , Samsung Group’s [SAGR.UL] de facto holding company, have approved allowing an outside director to serve as chairman of the board, a spokeswoman confirmed on Friday.
Samsung C&T is one of several Samsung Group companies that have put up for shareholders’ vote this month motions to change their articles of incorporation so that board members beside the CEO, including inside or outside directors, can be named chairman.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Richard Pullin)
More from Reuters:
- China to boost nuclear fuel reserves to feed new reactors
- U.S. TV networks embrace ‘binge-watching,’ taking cue from Netflix
- Calmer markets, positive data prime Fed to push ahead with rate rises
- Suu Kyi proxy a step closer to Myanmar presidency
- China premier urges more efforts in restive Uighur heartland